Episode 132: The Human Guestipod
It's the first time we've had two separate guests for the Norse Code podcast, and we bring them on to talk about the offensive coaching additions the Vikings made—Ben Natan goes over Pat Shurmur, the Vikings' current TE coach, and Ted Nguyen goes over Tony Sparano, the Vikings' current OL coach.
- Ben had a piece that riled up the Bleeding Green faithful, that the Eagles should select Paxton Lynch instead of Carson Wentz
- After the Eagles did what everyone thought they would do and selected Wentz, he wrote on how the Eagles could make that pan out positively
- Here's a really bad piece titled "Who is Pat Shurmur, and what does he do?" that actually tells us very little of what he did in Philadelphia
- At DawgPoundNation there's a pretty good breakdown of Shurmur's favorite offensive concepts
- This is that Doug Farrar piece that Natan referenced, where he sits down with Mackensie Alexander
- We had Jon Moore as a guest on our show recently, but this piece from September that Natan referenced is well worth a read on what benchmarks Treadwell needs to hit in order to live up to his pre-2015 hype.
- This is Ted Nguyen's breakdown of Carr to Cooper in the Steelers-Raiders game.
- He also broke down the RPO we talked about a few times in the podcast
- Here's my piece on Tony Sparano, which seems to stand at odds with Ted's breakdown
- This piece on the Jets may explain the discrepancy
- Ted hasn't posted his piece on Mario Edwards yet, but keep an eye out for it on his blog